Saturday, July 03, 2010

My TOUR to our terrace !!! – a small funny story

2-3 days ago ..when I felt that I was being strangled by the confined man-made structures around me
and was longing to feel myself present in perpetual space … I decided to go upstairs to my apartment’s terrace ..
our building has a pent house on the 5th floor on top of which is a terrace with a ladder to climb on to it..
accompanied by my Ipod I walked up there and started to enjoy myself with the tunes cheering my tour to the terrace..
It was hard for me to stare into the skies and load myself with thoughts .. though I have to say that the dark space above you looks amazing with loads of twinkles to count …
I wished to play the role of a merry kid .. And started to move myself to the tunes in rhythm..
Though I felt cautious for a while that I have taller buildings around me and people living in them can mistake me to another mental Krishna for wobbling on the terrace at 10 in the night .. I taught myself that having fun for my own self I have no time to bother myself with my surroundings..
After few minutes of acquaintance with space out there .. I found myself trying to balance on a small brick lying there ..
it’s been fun rolling my hands in all ways to gain balance on the brick..
after a few moments of glee and effort to stand strong on it .. I jumped off it like a kid.. taking pride in all the balancing act I did so far ..
synching myself back to the rhythm of the tunes playing in my ears .. I took a swift turn back as a part of one of my dancing moves .. and was awestruck to recognize that the hazy figure of a person who climbed half way through the ladder is my dad and took off one of my ear phones to find myself taken aback to hear that he has been shouting at the peak of his voice ..
waking myself from the trance .. I helped him come up the stairs and couldn’t stop giggling , as I could read through his mind.. after seeing me through all those balancing acts..
I knew that irrespective of it being my dad or whoever would take my act to be funny .. but answering to his enquiries was the real fun .. as I had no other answer but to say that I was enjoying just like that .. oorike .. and to every such answer I could see him more surprised at my silliness J..
He took a few minutes to scan the terrace and the water/lift facilities that our builders have setup , and also took the chance to see that the building beside had a sophisticated broadband instrument on their roof .. hope he took pleasure in the beauty lying above him .. the roof of the world from our roof..
We went down to our flat where my dad began to explain my mom of my deeds and i was happy to see him laugh while narrating it ..

It was a good time out there with a hilarious climax to my tour to the terrace J

1 Comments:

Blogger RajaSekhar said...

:) :)

5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home